NATCO PHARMA LIMITED (INDIA)
“Erlonat” contains the Drug / Molecule called “Erlotinib”.
Erlonat belongs to Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitors. The medication works by interfering with the protein epidermal growth factor to prevent it from activating enzymes, Cancer cells require these to multiply, grow and spread.
Erlonat is used for the treatment of advanced or metastatic Non-Small Cell Lung cancer, pancreatic cancer and several other types of cancer.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- Rash occurs in the majority of patients.
- Diarrhea, Loss of appetite, Fatigue, Partial Hair Loss.
- Rarely, ingrown hairs, such as eyelashes
- Cigarette smoking decreases blood levels while taking Erlonat.
- Check all prescription and non-prescription medicine labels carefully since many medications contain pain relievers / fever reducers ( aspirin, NSAIDs such as ibuprofen or naproxen) which may increase your risk for stomach bleeding while taking Erlonat.
- Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.
- Do not use more than prescribed dose.
- If you suspect you may have overdosed, call your healthcare provider.
- Do not take extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Erlonat is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of stomach problem, liver, kidney, or heart disease during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Updated On Oct 15, 2019 by Admin
100 mg & 150 mg
1 X 30 Tablets (Plastic Container)
Store at room temperature
Was this page helpful?
Erlonat also available as
"Tarceva" contains Drug / Molecules called “Erlotinib”. Tarceva belongs to Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitors. The medication works by interfering with the protein epidermal growth factor to prevent it from activating enzymes, cancer cells require these to multiply, grow and spread.
“Erlonat” is the generic version of "Tarceva" and both contains same drug “Erlotinib”.