NATCO PHARMA LIMITED (INDIA)
“Xtane” contains the Drug / Molecule called “Exemestane”. Xtane is a type of hormone therapy and belongs to aromatase inhibitor class. Post menopause oestrogen is mainly produced by changing androgens (sex hormones produced by the adrenal glands) into Oestrogens. This process is called aromatisation and happens mainly in the fatty tissues, muscle and the skin. It needs a particular enzyme called aromatase. Exemestane blocks the process of aromatisation. So it lowers the amount of Oestrogen in the body.
Xtane is used to treat certain types of breast cancer (such as hormone-receptor-positive breast cancer) in women after menopause. In early stages of cancer, exemestane can help to stop breast cancer coming back. In advanced breast cancer the cancer cells may grow more slowly or stop growing completely.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- Hot flashes, hair loss, joint/bone/muscle pain, tiredness, unusual sweating, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, and trouble sleeping may occur
- These are all the possible side effects of Xtane. Tell your healthcare provider about any side effect that bothers you or that does not go away.
Exemestane is metabolized by the liver enzyme CYP3A4. While the CYP3A4 inhibitor Ketoconazole had no significant effect on Exemestane levels in a clinical trial, the strong CYP3A4 inductor Rifampicin significantly cut Exemestane levels about in half, potentially compromising its effectiveness.
- Do not use more than prescribed dose.
- If you suspect you may have overdosed, call your healthcare provider.
- Do not take extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Xtane is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Xtane is only for women who have experienced menopause and cannot become pregnant.
- Xtane may lead to liver or kidney disease.
- Caution should be exercised in patients with history of liver or kidney problems, osteoporosis (weak bones), heart problems, blood vessel problems, stroke, any allergy, and who are taking other medications.
Updated On Oct 18, 2019 by Admin
1 X 30 Tablets (Plastic Container)
Store Protected from moisture.
Was this page helpful?
Xtane also available as
"Aromasin" contains Drug / Molecules called “Exemestane”. Aromasin is a type of hormone therapy and belong to aromatase inhibitor class. It is used to treat breast cancer for those women who have had their menopause.
In women who have had their menopause, oestrogen is mainly produced by changing androgens (sex hormones produced by the adrenal glands into oestrogens. This process is called aromatisation and happens mainly in the fatty tissues, muscle and the skin. It needs a particular enzyme called aromatase. Exemestane blocks the process of aromatisation. So it lowers the amount of oestrogen in the body.
“Xtane” is the generic version of “Aromasin” and both contains same drug “Exemestane”.