NATCO PHARMA LIMITED (INDIA)
Ledipasvir & sofosbuvir-hepcinat lp
“Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir” is the Drugs / Molecules content in “Hepcinat-LP” which are direct acting antiviral agents against the hepatitis C virus (HCV). Ledipasvir is an inhibitor of the protein, which is required for viral replication. Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide prodrug that undergoes intracellular metabolism to form the pharmacologically active Uridine analog triphosphate which can be incorporated into HCV RNA and acts as a chain terminator.
Ledipasvir & Sofosbuvir is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV).
Cure rates are 94% to 99% in people infected with genotype 1 (46% of HCV cases). It has also been evaluated for the treatment of infection with other Hepatitis C genotypes, and has shown promising results in genotypes 3 and 4.
SIDE EFFECT :
- Common side effects include muscle pains, headache, nausea, rash, diarrhea, insomnia and cough.
- More severe reactions are connected with allergic reactions to the medications and cardiovascular problems.
- Patients are advised to stay away from H2 Receptor Antagonists (H2RA) and Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPI) because they decrease the concentration of Ledipasvir.
- Ledipasvir / Sofosbuvir should additionally be avoided when taking Amiodarone or other drugs that lower heart rate; there is a serious risk of the heart slowing or stopping when Ledipasvir / Sofosbuvir is used with such drugs.
- Do not use more than prescribed dose.
- If you suspect you may have overdosed, call your healthcare provider.
- Do not take extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Ledipasvir & Sofosbuvir is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Do not use Ledipasvir & Sofosbuvir if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or trying to get pregnant.
- Ledipasvir & Sofosbuvir is contradicted for use during unprotected sexual intercourse as it may also lead to birth defects.
- Ledipasvir & Sofosbuvir is not to be taken within a before and after 4 hour period of taking any Antacids.
Updated On Oct 26, 2019 by Admin
90 mg Ledipasvir & 400 mg Sofosbuvir
1 X 28 Tablets (Plastic Container)
Store at a Temperature not exceeding 30 C