CIPLA LTD. (INDIA)
“Cassotide” contains the Drug / Molecule called “Bicalutamide”.
Cassotide is an oral non-steroidal anti-androgen. It acts as an anti-androgen by binding and preventing activation of androgen receptor (AR) and subsequent upregulation of androgen responsive genes by androgenic hormones. In addition, Cassotide accelerates the degradation of the androgen receptor.
Cassotide is used as a combination treatment (with surgical or medical castration) for advanced prostate cancer and subsequently launched as monotherapy for the treatment of earlier stages of the disease. Cassotide may also be used to treat excessive hair growth in women, as a component of feminizing hormone therapy for transgender women, to treat early puberty in boys and to prevent overly long-lasting erections in men.
SIDE EFFECTS :
- Common side effects in men include breast enlargement, breast tenderness and hot flashes, feminization and sexual dysfunction.
- Rarely, it has been associated with cases of liver damage, lung toxicity and sensitivity to light.
- Bicalutamide has the potential to displace other highly protein bound drugs like Warfarin, Phenytoin, Theophylline and aspirin.
- Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor's approval.
- Do not use more than prescribed dose.
- If you suspect you may have overdosed, call your healthcare provider.
- Do not take extra dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Cassotide is a prescription drug and should be used under proper medical guidance and advice.
- Cassotide is not recommended for use in female, children, and adolescents.
1 x 10 Tablets (Plastic Container)
Store at room temperature
Was this page helpful?
Cassotide also available as
“Casodex” contains the Drug / Molecule called “Bicalutamide”.
Casodex is an oral non-steroidal anti-androgen. It acts as an anti-androgen by binding and preventing activation of androgen receptor (AR) and subsequent upregulation of androgen responsive genes by androgenic hormones. In addition, Casodex accelerates the degradation of the androgen receptor .
“Cassotide” is the generic version of “Casodex” and both contains same drug “Bicalutamide”.